We are looking for an Assistant Scientist to perform hands-on synthetic chemistry projects
for product development and hands-on process development projects, with the aid and
direction of a supervisor. The Assistant Scientist is expected to provide input during project
development, to prioritize the acquisition of accurate and precise data, and to grow towards
autonomous execution of projects.
Preferred applicant characteristics:
• Enthusiastic to join and add value to a close-knit company.
• Eager to further learn and understand chemistry concepts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Function**)
• Hands-on synthetic chemistry and process development.
• Maintaining electronic laboratory notebook.
• Develop and execute projects with supervisor support.
• Follow and improve chemical hygiene, safety, CUPA, OSHA, and other related
• Help maintain laboratory organization.
• Participate in Innovation, Discovery, and Data acquisition.
• Clearly communicate results and promote ideas toward optimizing projects.
• Grow to become an autonomous contributor.
• Work and communicate effectively with team members.
• Perform other duties as required.
• BS degree in Organic or Polymer Chemistry (experience is a plus), MS in Organic Chemistry
(experience is a plus)
• BS degree in Industrial Chemistry (Industrial experience is a plus).
Qualifications and Skills:
• Has strong general and organic chemistry knowledge.
• Synthetic organic chemistry experience (proven via peer review publication history)
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Conducts safe, precise, and accurate laboratory practices.
• Self-motivated and takes ownership of tasks.
• Understands qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Strong time management skills.