Director, Business Development
Origin Materials is looking for a highly motivated leader to develop business platforms. Programs and associated industries may include developments in areas such as carbon black for automotive, rubber parts, inks and coatings; activated carbon for primary or secondary liquid or gas treatment; soil amendment products or delivery systems for agriculture. This person will conduct the market analysis, define the business options and set the strategy to meet milestones and deliverables. This person will lead programs and cross-functional teams and will align efforts across projects in support of the program; they will have an internal and external presence.
Origin Materials believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Establish deep market knowledge in the relevant industries and market verticals
- Develop and communicate strategic approaches to market entry and new business development
- Advance business and market inputs to the technoeconomic analysis as it pertains to product lines and ultimately manage supply and demand
- Create an environment in which all functions are aligned and resources are appropriately leveraged,
- Manage the interface and ensure efficient communication between manufacturing, marketing, sales, research, shared services, etc.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Ability to travel 25-50%
Experience and Education
- 5+ years of project management/leadership experience
- MBA preferred
- Technical degree Masters or higher, preferred
Required knowledge and skills:
- Fundamental business acumen: strategy, portfolio views, financial analysis, industry and market knowledge, organizational dynamics, project management
- Excellent negotiation, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to use a variety of tools including, but not limited to, project management