Financial Analyst (Budget)
Origin Materials is a materials technology company focused on commercializing sustainable chemicals from renewable feedstocks. We are seeking a Financial Analyst with strong analytical and complex problem-solving experience to forge strong business partnerships to support strategic decisions, including driving the financial budgeting process.
The Financial Analyst will work with department management to advise them on all financial matters regarding the business as well as help drive the organization's process automation of financial data and improved analytical tools for business insight. Strong focus on improvement of the quality, efficiency, and understanding of financial information produced is required. In addition, the Financial Analyst will help us develop highly scalable tools through financial automation, processes, and controls. It is essential for this role to form strong working partnerships in a highly matrixed organization to effectively execute and support the Company’s objectives.
Responsibilities will include critical analysis to support decision-making while working directly with our key business partners, effective R&D resource allocation, new product financial analysis, product cost optimization, grant funding and tracking. In addition, the Financial Analyst will play a critical part in the annual planning, quarterly budgeting, and monthly close processes. The Financial Analyst will also have close collaboration with other groups within and outside of finance to help improve overall cash forecasting throughout the year.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and maintain business systems, processes and tools for budgeting, planning, and analysis.
- Respond to questions and requests from end-users regarding the planning and reporting tools, and track and communicate issue resolution.
- Ability to leverage experience and skill set to improve and automate areas with minimal supervision
- Effectively partner and communicate across the business organization
- Grant reporting and Project Management
- Design and support Taskforce Department Matrix integration with QB, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Concur, POs, reporting
- Develop detailed commentary matching physical activity at multiple reporting entities to changes in forecasts and deviations from targeted financial metrics.
- Maintain the highest integrity in regards to the Company’s financial accounting and reporting policies; positive relationship with Accounting team on same.
- Develop and maintain in-depth financial analysis, identifying key drivers, trends, variances, and emerging risks and opportunities; provide a succinct and meaningful narrative for business and finance partners
- Prepare reports (scheduled and ad-hoc) in support of financial analysts and/or leadership team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting. MBA preferred. CPA a plus.
- 5+ years of experience as a financial analyst in an FP&A role,
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong Excel skills required. Ability to work with raw data extracts, performing data cleanup is highly desirable
- Experience working on grant projects end-to-end is important
- Deep understanding of project methodology- planning, execution, communication
- Proven record building positive relationships across a large organization to define and implement financial objectives and enable change
- Energy and a strong passion for delivering results in a dynamic, data-driven environment.