Product Stewardship & Regulatory Leader
Origin Materials is materials technology company focused on commercializing sustainable chemicals from renewable feedstocks. We are seeking a global Product Stewardship and Regulatory Leader to join our growing company. This position will be responsible for providing leadership for the implementation of a global product stewardship program and for chemical regulatory compliance of all the Company's products.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop, implement and manage a global product stewardship program and lead product stewardship reviews.
- Prepare Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and product label text for Company's products according to the Global Harmonized System.
- Fulfill external customer product stewardship inquiries related to regulatory, product safety, environmental and sustainability aspects of the Company’s products.
- Support regulatory submissions for all new substances and products including EPA Pre-Manufacturing Notices (PMN), CEPA New Substance Notification (NSN), REACH registrations, and Food Contact compliance/approvals.
- Work with external consulting/legal firms and government agencies to obtain regulatory approvals for Company's products in support of business objectives.
- Independently or with outside partners, coordinate the development of regulatory testing protocols or toxicological assessments to be used (internally and externally) for regulatory filings and to ensure the Company's products are safe for their anticipated use.
- Keep leadership apprised of any changes in regulatory obligations or potential risks/liabilities.
- Provide issue management support for Company's products by participating in industry trade associations and through advocacy with government agencies.
- Train company personnel on various regulatory topics.
- Provide guidance and direction to R&D, product development and manufacturing functions as it relates to regulatory, recordkeeping and reporting requirements, product safety and product stewardship.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or related science discipline; advanced degree is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in regulatory affairs, product safety, product stewardship or sustainability in the chemicals industry.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of chemical regulatory laws and compliance requirements particularly under US EPA & FDA, CA CEPA, EU REACH & EFSA.
- Proven experience conducting product stewardship reviews.
- Experience developing, implementing and improving business processes and practices.
- Knowledge of product stewardship and product risk management is essential.
- Knowledge of toxicological product safety and assessments is a plus.
- Project management experience with ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong technical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization as well as external stakeholders and partners.
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence and obtain results.
- Ability to work independently, in a dynamic, fast-paced matrix organization.