Research and Development Scientist
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated scientist who is passionate in the development of new chemical products and technologies deriving from the chemical transformation of lignocellulose. In this position, you will help improve the current process, and develop new polymers and additives from proof-of-concept to a commercial process. You will work in a dynamic environment with a cohesive team of process engineers, synthetic and analytical chemists. The position provides the opportunity to run a program by planning and executing hands-on application development projects in an autonomous way. Your position will include leading and developing a team of scientists (2-3) to help execute the R&D goals.
Candidates must be qualified based on education and expertise in catalytic autoxidation chemistry.
- Have a strong understanding of chemistry and chemical engineering concepts, to solve problems with an approach based on first principles
- Talent in developing a cogent hypothesis based on data analysis, then plan and execute an effective experimental design to interrogate the hypothesis
- Develop, and perform quantitative and qualitative test procedures for analyzing components of materials and determining chemical or physical properties, and structure activity relationships of various chemical systems
- prospers in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing needs and priorities
- talent in paying close attention to detail and being accurate and precise,
- Write technical reports, document work procedures, produce key progress indicators (KPI’s)
- effective in working with a team of chemical engineers, analytical and synthetics chemists, Business Development and management, by precisely communicating observations, solutions to problems and advocating new projects
- Having basic knowledge of management and business skills to lead a team of directs
- Demonstrates strong technical leadership to influence project direction based on highly reliable experimental data and technical insight
- conducts safe, precise and accurate laboratory practices
- Scientists will also develop expert knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, products and ingredients using global internal and external networks to drive innovation.
- Develops directs in all aspects of their work
- Utilize and Subcontract academic and service labs outside the company
- Utilize subject matter experts to accelerate completion of program objectives
- Have experience in evaluation, characterization and measurement of technology in their area of expertise.
- Provide clear timelines and budgets for projects
- Work as a team player (e.g. contribute your expertise and knowledge to colleague’s program and projects)
Innovate and create intellectual property
PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (Postdoctoral work or Industrial experience is a plus) with peer reviewed publication in catalytic autoxidation chemistry.