We are looking for a highly motivated scientist who is passionate in the development of new
chemical products and technologies deriving from the chemical transformation of
lignocellulose. In this position, you will help develop new polymers and additives from proofof-
concept to a commercial process. You will work in a dynamic environment with a cohesive
team of process engineers and synthetic and analytical chemists. The position provides the
opportunity to autonomously plan and execute hands-on application development projects.
Your position will include leading and developing a team of associate scientists (0-3) to help
execute the R&D goals.
Principal Duties/Responsibilities (Essential Function**) and Preferred Skills
• Have a strong understanding of chemistry and chemical engineering concepts to solve
problems with an approach based on first principles.
• Talent in developing a cogent hypothesis based on data analysis. Then plan and
execute an effective experimental design to interrogate the hypothesis.
• Develop and perform quantitative and qualitative test procedures for analyzing
components of materials and determining chemical or physical properties, and
structure activity relationships of various chemical systems.
• Develop new production methods in order to improve efficiency and product
• Prosper in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing needs and priorities.
• Talent in paying close attention to detail and being accurate and precise. Write
technical reports and document work procedures.
• Effective in working with a team of chemical engineers, analytical and synthetics
chemists, and management, by precisely communicating observations, solutions to
problems, and advocating new projects.
• Having basic knowledge of management and business skills to lead a team of directs.
• Demonstrate strong technical leadership to influence project direction based on
highly reliable experimental data and technical insight.
• Conduct safe, precise, and accurate laboratory practices.
• Scientists will also develop expert knowledge of emerging technologies, trends,
products, and ingredients using global, internal, and external networks to drive
• Must have experience in evaluation, characterization, and measurement of
technology in their area of expertise.
• BS degree in Organic or Polymer Chemistry (6+ years industrial synthetic research
experience), MS in Organic Chemistry (3+ years industrial synthetic research
experience), or PhD in Chemistry (Postdoctoral work or industrial experience is a
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering (Industrial experience is a plus).
• BS degree in Industrial Chemistry (Industrial experience is a plus).
• Candidates must be qualified based on education and expertise in at least one of the
o New Polymer Synthesis.
o Application development.
o Chemical Additive Application development.
o Humins, Hydrothermal Carbon, or Carbon black application development.
o Humins, Hydrothermal Carbon, or Carbon black synthesis.